Friday, August 29, 2014

Home Maintenance Made Easy

With more activities and responsibilities these days, we are all very busy people.  Keeping up with my family, my pets, my friends, and my job, I feel like I am running around all over the place and being pulled in several different directions.  Besides worrying about what to have for dinner each night,  whether everyone’s homework is done, and does everyone have clean laundry to wear, I still need to worry about the care and maintenance of my home.  Sure, the yard work gets done, the house is cleaned, and dinner is on the table, but, when was the last time the gutters were cleared out or the carbon monoxide detector was tested.  I don’t know about you, but these types of things seem to slip my mind and get put off until they absolutely have to get done.  I mean how many times does that little beep in the smoke detector have to go off before someone changes the battery. 


If you are like me, one of the smartest things you can do is to get organized and set up a schedule for all of your home maintenance.  There are certain things, like checking smoke detector batteries, or disinfecting the garbage disposal that need to be done monthly.  Some maintenance can be done annually, such as checking door seals or the chimney for cracks.  Additionally, there are some things that need to be checked every few months, and some that can be done every few years.  One of the best things I ever did, was start a Home Maintenance Checklist.  There are several to choose from that can be found online, so you don’t need to reinvent the wheel.  I print one out and follow it religiously.  It helps me keep track of all the little things I need to keep my home safe and running smoothly.  If only everything else in my life was that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment