Thursday, March 27, 2014

Timing and Luck

When the real estate market is hot and it is difficult for buyers to get an offer accepted, I tell my clients in this type of market it is timing and luck.  The more active you are looking for houses the more likely you will find a house you love in time to have your offer accepted.  Sometimes I will have a new listing that matches what one of my clients is looking for and they get lucky.  Or sometimes a house will come back on the market the same day I am showing houses to a particular client who previously wanted to make an offer but it was just a little too late.  Then before you know  it that client submits an offer and they are in contract.

Not too long ago I decided to take my year and a half old German Shepard for a little trip in the country. Since this guy is about ninety pounds and can be a handful when he is excited I was not sure what to expect. I decided to take him to a state park in the country called Knights Ferry.  Because my puppy, Magnum, is still young he gets very excited when he sees other dogs.  This can make it very difficult to control him as he soon forgets all of his commands and only wants to play.  Well I was pleasantly surprised when Magnum barely acknowledged some of the other dogs we passed on the trails and was marginally interested in other people.  I think he was overwhelmed with all the new smells, sounds, and sights.  But I really got lucky to find the flowers were in full bloom which created an amazingly beautiful sight.  I was lucky on my only day of the week it was sunny and warm outside and the time of year was perfect for a beautiful time of the year for Magnum's first walk in the country. The timing was perfect and I was lucky Magnum did not drag me into the water.













No comments:

Post a Comment